Pittenger announces 6 town hall meetings
Aug 1, 2013
CONTACT: Jamie Bowers, 704-365-6234
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 1, 2013
CONGRESSMAN PITTENGER TO HOST TOWN HALL MEETING AT QUEENS UNIVERSITY OF CHARLOTTE
CHARLOTTE – Congressman Robert Pittenger (NC-09) will host a town hall meeting on Monday, August 5th, 7 p.m., at Queens University of Charlotte. The meeting is open to all residents of the 9th Congressional District.
“Many people in Washington suffer from an ‘inside the beltway’ mentality, losing touch with what hardworking Americans care about,” commented Congressman Pittenger. “Instead of listening to the pundits, I want to hear directly from you.”
Monday’s town hall meeting will be held at the Queens University of Charlotte Ketner Auditorium, near the intersection of Selwyn Ave. and Wellesley Ave. Free parking is available in the “South Parking Deck,” located on Wellesley Ave.
Congressman Pittenger is planning five additional town hall meetings in August:
- Matthews: Wednesday, August 21st, 6:30 pm., at Matthews Town Hall
- Ballantyne: Thursday, August 22nd, 6:30 p.m., at St. Matthew Catholic Church
- Mooresville: Monday, August 26th, 7 p.m., at the Charles Mack Citizen Center
- Cornelius: Wednesday, August 28th, 7 p.m., at Cornelius Town Hall
- Waxhaw: Thursday, August 29th, 6:30 p.m., at Waxhaw American Legion
Media wishing to cover the Queens University town hall should contact Jamie Bowers (704-365-6234 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss logistics.