6128 constituents join Pittenger telephone town hall
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONGRESSMAN PITTENGER CONNECTS WITH 6,128 CONSTITUENTS VIA TELEPHONE TOWN HALL
CHARLOTTE – Tonight, Congressman Robert Pittenger (NC-09) connected with 6,128 constituents via a live, interactive telephone town hall, listening and responding to constituents on multiple topics including repairing America’s health care system, defunding Planned Parenthood, and President Trump’s tax returns.
- 113,631 invitations e-mailed on Sunday
- 107,667 reminder e-mails distributed on Thursday morning
- 40,000 outbound “invitation calls” made Thursday evening
- Telephone town hall announced via media reports on WSOC Charlotte, WCNC Charlotte, WBT Charlotte, WSFX Wilmington, WECT Wilmington, WLNC Laurinburg, WIXE Monroe, WFAE Charlotte, BladenOnline.com, Charlotte Observer, Bladen Journal, The Robesonian, and Laurinburg Exchange and via social media.
- 6,128 constituents participated in the telephone town hall.
- Request for an in-person town hall
- Repairing America’s healthcare system
- Divisiveness in American politics/public discourse
- President Trump’s tax returns
- Allegations of Russian interference in U.S. elections
- House Republican tax reform proposals
- Defunding Planned Parenthood
- Gun Control
- Support for rural hospitals
- National debt
“Since taking office, my team and I have directly responded to over 100,000 e-mails and letters, hosted more than 30 town halls, became the first Member of Congress to broadcast town halls live on Facebook, and helped more than 3,000 constituents resolve issues with the federal government,” said Congressman Pittenger. “For those who perhaps are newly engaged in the public discourse, tonight’s telephone town hall was just the beginning. As your Member of Congress, I am committed to being accessible and listening to your concerns.”